Friday, September 6, 2013

Monthly To Be Read | September 2013




So I've never been one to really do monthly themes unless it was October or December only because I feel like it would restrict me and I would feel like I was more working than enjoying whatever I wanted to read next. Wow that was a long sentence.... but this month, I decided to try to give myself a bit of a push in a direction for once. Just because... I never know what to pick up next.

So for September I wanted to focus more on Fairytale Retellings and Contemporary.

Mostly because I haven't read any Fairytale Retellings in awhile and Halloween is coming up, I wanna get in that fantasy mood. Besides, Magic Kingdom has already set up Halloween decorations. Don't believe me? I snapped this picture like an hour ago.


Crazy right?

Now I know I'm not going to get through all of theses, but as long as I get through most of them I think I'll be happy (though getting through all of them would be extra nice! i could make the list shorter but really what's the fun in that?).

Fairytale Retellings

  • The Crimson Thread: A Retelling of Rumpelstiltskin by Suzanne Weyn
  • Winter's Child by Cameron Dokey
  • Everbound (Everneath #2) by Brodi Ashton
  • Sweetly by Jackson Pearce
  • The Real Boy by Anne Ursu

Contemporary
  • Just One Day by Gayle Forman
  • Losing It (Losing It #1) by Cora Carmack
  • Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5) by Cora Carmack
  • Faking It (Losing it #2) by Cora Carmack
  • Flirting With Maybe by Wendy Higgins
  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
  • Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • OCD, The Dude, and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn
  • The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Scheider

Whooo! Does anyone else get carried away/over confident when they're making lists like these? Like seriously I'm always like yeah, a few books here and there... and then.... this happens lol. Maybe I should stop buying so many books. Maybe that will never happen lol!
I'm pretty excited about having The Fault in Our Stars on there since I'm finally making time to read it. I may just save that for the end of the month so I can clear my mind and just immerse myself in it. If the challenge keeps going as smoothly as it's already going. 

What are you guys planning on reading this month? Do you have a challenge list or any titles in mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS