Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Book Sampler Review | Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins


Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
Anna and the French Kiss #3
Release Date: August 14th, 2014
Publisher: Dutton
Genre: Young Adult > Contemporary
Obtained: NetGalley (Thank you NetGalley & Dutton!)
Find: Amazon | GoodReads | B&N
Summary:
From the glittering streets of Manhattan to the moonlit rooftops of Paris, falling in love is easy for hopeless dreamer Isla and introspective artist Josh. But as they begin their senior year in France, Isla and Josh are quickly forced to confront the heartbreaking reality that happily-ever-afters aren’t always forever.

Their romantic journey is skillfully intertwined with those of beloved couples Anna and Étienne and Lola and Cricket, whose paths are destined to collide in a sweeping finale certain to please fans old and new.






Isla and the Happily Ever After is probably a title that 80% of the people in the book blogging community is looking forward to. We've fallen in love with Étienne St. Clair, then we fell in love with Cricket Bell and now we have this Josh fella to look forward to. And guys, he's nothing like the last two we fell in love with but I mean, he's pretty darn adorbs from the bit I was introduced to.

Luckily and sadly I was only able to get the sampler for this title. Luckily because hello who wouldn't want a sneak peek? And sadly because it was only the first five chapters. Now, I must wait. And if you know anything about Perkins you know that five chapters is like literally not even scratching the surface.

I absolutely loved the first line of this book.




Like, Isla, I love you already. You're totally gutsy for going out to eat knowing you're drugged up on Vicodin. You go girl. You get that boys attention! You say all the things you've been wanting to say! Seriously, this scene for Isla might had been one of those holy crap what have I done moments but as an outsider, I'm kinda jealous. When I got my wisdom's taken out I couldn't even get out of bed. My parents would NOT had let me leave the house though if I had, I probably would had flagged down a boy I thought was attractive and had just went for it. Whatever at this point! Amiright?! Also, I love that Josh is an artist.

Isla is back in France at the same school where we met Anna and Étienne St. Clair. Oh. I'm excited for this! More adventures in Paris? YES PLEASE! Oh, also, Josh is there too. Though I'm sure you probably already figured that one out. Along with Isla is her best friend Kurt who I kinda got a feel for. He seems very uptight, but I'm looking forward to getting to know him better once the book is released. 

So who else is excited for this one? Are you planning on re-reading Anna and the French Kiss prior? 

I think I will because really, I think I need to pay St. Clair a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS