Thursday, November 28, 2013

Review | Losing It by Cora Carmack

Losing It by Cora Carmack
Losing It #1
Release Date: October 15th, 2012
Publisher: William Marrow
Genre: New Adult > Contemporary
Obtained: Bought on Kindle
Find: Amazon || GoodReads || BN
Summary:
Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren’t embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theater professor. She’d left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.



~*~

I've read a few NA (New Adult) books and I don't think there wasn't one I didn't like!

Losing It is about a girl named Bliss (yes, that's really her name and yes it is awesome). She's in college, majoring in theater (seriously, could she get any more awesome?) and she's a virgin. So much of a virgin (not that there are different levels or anything) that the book opens up with her friend dragging her to a bar to get her virginity lost. Because I guess in college that's what friends do, bring you somewhere to hook up with someone completely random for your first time. Seems legit.

She meets a guy at a bar who's reading Shakespeare and may I admit that if I were in a similar situation I would had booked out of there with the guy still holding the book? Not to mention he has a delicious British accent.

There were a few things that annoyed me about this novel; Cade. I mean, he didn't annoy me all the time. Okay he only annoyed me once but I mean it was pretty significant! The way he treated Bliss after saying "I can live with maybe." was just wrong. You don't throw something in someones face if you didn't the first time. Betta come correct! Another was Garrick's inability to stay away from Bliss during school hours. I mean okay, it was hawt but at the same time it's like, come on dude. COOL IT!

There was so much I loved about this read as well too. It was quirky, it was fun, it was interesting and it was steamy. Garrick and Bliss could set a forest on fire! And okay I really dug the intimate party moment between Cade and Bliss too. From the get go I loved Garrick. He was intelligent, respectful, and he seems like the kind of guy that if you stuck him in a really awkward position he literally wouldn't bat an eyelash or think any differently of you. Now that is the type of guy more books need! And his intense attraction to Bliss? Whooo *fans self*.

I absolutely enjoyed this read and I will be reading more from this author and continuing the series! I can't wait to read more about Cade in the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS