Friday, October 18, 2013

Top 5 | Halloween Reads

I am, in no other way to word it.... a sissy. 

I get scared very easily and it takes me a long time to shake it off. I've already got way too many demons roaming around in my head, I don't need room for more. Or ideas for them!

So when it comes to compiling my reading challenge every October I try to sneak in a scary story or two but in all honestly, majority of the time I don't finish them. Or give them a chance. Like Ruined which looks like an awesome book, planned on picking it up every year and I think I read about 20 pages before calling it quits. One day I'll read it. Maybe. Though there are some that have made it all the way through. But for the most part this list will contain my Top 5 Halloween Paranormal Reads. Sorry!





 Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Okay, I gotta give a shout out to one of two of my favorite YA series... Hex Hall. Sure it might not look like much on the outside. But the inside? Oh man, the inside! You've got a snarky girl who doesn't know what she is, just that she keeps messing up at every corner of her life. A sweet vampire roommate who I wish I was lucky enough to room with and a hot warlock who's got enough mystery in him to make Sherlock Homes head spin. Taking all of this and placing it in a secret school on an isolated island for all kids supernatural wouldn't be complicated, right? WRONG. SO WRONG. Things go wrong --- and fast. And it's up to Sophie to figure out what the heck is going on. Also, can I just take a minute to paw at Archer. Because really, *swoooon*. I tried changing my last name on Facebook to "Cross" one day. My husband who supports all my crazy book habits was not amused. Not even a little bit. He doesn't understandddddddddd me!



 Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
 
I know, how could anything top Unspoken right? And normally not much can, except for Hex Hall. You've got an over curious girl who wants to be a journalist and lives in a small town in... a country in Europe? Sometimes I don't even know where Sorry-In-The-Vale is. Sad, I know. She's got a friend who hates the world (oh she's my favorite) who has a brother who is just way too cocky for his own good and then you've got... The Lynburn boys. Oh sweet, sarcastic, stupid, angry, swoonworthy Jared. I mean, if nothing else guys read this book to get to know Jared. You will not regret it. You will however regret reading it because Sarah Rees Brennan is EVIL and the ending with RIP YOU APART. Just a fair warning.




Splintered by A.G. Howard

Splintered isn't really a paranormal book. I mean it kinda is I guess. It's a retelling or Alice in Wonderland and it's kind of really freakin creepy if I do say so myself. Everything in Wonderland is deranged and mangled and it's just ugh. In a really good creepy way. The way the author puts a twist on your classic Wonderland characters is amazing though!



Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Wicked Lovely is a really dark tale about faeries and while it really has nothing to do with Halloween it's dark so I mean, why not. It's been awhile since I've read this one but it's really interesting learning about the different courts and the quest to find a queen and all of that other really interesting paranomral-y stuff. And I mean Seth! Who wouldn't want their own Seth?!



Amber House by Kelly Moore, Tucker Reed & Larkin Reed

Amber House was one of those books where I was under the impression it would be creepy and it kinda was a little bit creepy but the mystery behind the Amber House is what kept me flipping my epages on this one! It has a really intriguing plot and an ending that will make you wonder what the eff just happened! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS